Pages

Wednesday 26 August 2009

Unbelievable!!!!

My Rose Quartz Saga!!!

My friends on Creative Connections will have heard of my Rose Quartz fiasco this week.
A couple of weeks ago I created a Custom Healing Necklace for a lady in Australia. It was beautiful and contained Rose Quartz, Lepidolite, Mangano Calcite, Rhodochroisite, Amethyst and Swarovski Crystal.

It was taking a while to arrive and I was concerned that it had got lost. I then received an email from the customer saying that she had received it. I was horrified to find that it had been in Quarantine and the Rose Quartz had turned completely black. She said it looked like Onyx.

I received an email this morning from the lady, she appears to have got to the bottom of it. During July and August letter class mail from India is bulk treated by quarantine with Gamma irradiation before delivery to minimise any potential quarantine risk. Apparently it is all to do with the Hindu festival Rakhi. They will offer her compensation and it should be safe for me to send a replacement.

Can you imagine this with black stones!



So guys, it looks like it is still safe to send Rose Quartz internationally, but it would be best to avoid sending it to Australia during July and August. Just to be on the safe side!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...