Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Aren't the years flying?

I can't believe it is 2014! It sounds all wrong doesn't it! Where is the time going?

I am fast approaching a rather significant birthday at the end of the month and I'm doing quite a bit of back pedaling. Can I start going backwards please? At least until I get back to 21 then I am happy to start creeping forwards again. I did broach this option at home and D (Mr CL was confusing people so we will now refer to wonderful husband as D) decided to make a maths problem out of it for number 1 son. If mum gets one year younger every year until she gets back to 21, and then starts to go forwards at a rate of 2 years at a time. How many years will it take her to get back to the age she is now! I mean REALLY! I wasn't even going to attempt this, I was stressed enough already. And who said I was going forwards in 2 years anyway! Humpf!

Mind you, I was reading the a post from one of my favourite bloggers this morning (www.thebloggess.com) and I picked out a rather fabulous statement that I think I will use as my motto for 2014 at least.

Jenny said "You’re 40.  You’re just young enough to still do everything you still want to do and just old enough to not do anything you don’t want to do ever again."

My brain just doesn't want to compute though, I can't possibly be that old! Although I do often feel older as I have many aches and pains etc. Brainwise though I think my mental age is getting younger. It was always a joke in our family that I was born at age 45! (I was never amused) I think that as I get older I am actually mentally getting younger, so that's OK right?

I'm also starting a new diet on Friday (yes another one) so I shall keep you posted about how I'm doing. In 2012 it was the Harcombe Diet, last year was the 5:2, on Friday I start Slimming World.
Wish me luck!

And before I forget.....
HAPPY NEW YEAR!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...