Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2014

The weather is such a Drama Queen!

I woke up this morning to howling winds and driving rain! (And a very annoying banging noise from outside my bedroom wall, I've never been able to work out what this is but it does it a lot when it's windy).

It was totally dark and very loud and certainly wasn't helping number one son with his stress about going back to school today. Even the weather didn't want him to go. When he did finally get there I got a BBM to say that some 'random other people' had taken over the bus shelter and they hadn't even got on their bus. Lots more grumpiness to come I think.

What is going on with the weather at the moment?

Last Autumn we were informed that we were about to head into the worst winter we'd had for 60 years, freezing temperatures and totally covered in snow until February. Yet even now we are still in double figures temperature wise, I'm not sure I believe forecasts at all anymore. We have been very lucky down here in that yes we have had high winds and LOADS of rain but we haven't sustained damage or been flooded. Our thoughts go to those that have been affected and hope that it settles down soon. On a brighter note it must have saved us all a small fortune in heating bills.

So, how are you all getting on with the New Year so far? Any big plans?

I have decided that I simply MUST streamline my business. I spend way too much time working for little gain so I need to make sure that everything I do is more effective. Which is easier said than done isn't it, but it is the plan none the less. I am hoping to move house in the next 12 months so there is plenty to do and I need to make time to do it. We've been in this small, damp bungalow for 7 years now and it is truly amazing how many possessions (total rubbish) we've accumulated. I blame most of this on how hard it is to throw things away these days. (Mostly my fault as I'm too lazy to take things to the tip). It was much easier though before we were limited to once a fortnight, only if it fits in your wheelie bin and the lid closes rubbish collections. We already have several black bags waiting their turn to get into the bin!

Is today going to be super productive? I shall tell you tomorrow. :)
Have a good day!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...