Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Blue Monday!

Total pounds lost so far on diet - 2 1/2

I've just been told that today is 'Blue Monday', the most depressing day of the year! Well mine certainly hasn't started off too well so there may be something in that. No 1 son is always up at around 5.30am so nothing new there but this morning No 2 son was also up! This isn't normal and doesn't bode well for the rest of the day as he needs more sleep. To top that I then manage to knock an entire cup of tea all over my bedside table and the surround area. Kindle, Tablet, Phone, DS, watch and all of the electrical cables that run in front of it! - sigh!

All that aside though my needle felting kit arrived on Friday! And what fun I had with it. I decided to throw myself in at the deep end and start with something tricky so made two balls and added faces to them. Sounds nuts I know and they do look a little odd but humor me I'm new at this!

So here we have two little 'creatures'.
Attempt number one I think I'll call Lapis Larry! I don't think he's totally finished yet, needs more hair and possibly feet, not sure.


The thing I find the funniest is that his expression is exactly the same as the one my old cat gave me all the time!


He now sits on my desk and just glares at me all day!
Attempt number two is also not finished and I think looked better before I added the eyes.


This one looks a bit like an alien, or one of the ants from Bugs Life!
So for a first attempt, what do you think? (Be nice, remember I'm having a bad day)

Hopefully 'Blue Monday' is treating you a little better than it is me. Have a good one!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...