Pages

Wednesday 17 June 2009

I've been tagged!!!!

Wow, wasn't expecting that!!! I've been tagged by the lovely Kitty at Magpie Moments. Its my first time so be nice!!

The rules of tagging are:

1. respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own (don't feel obliged as it's quite long already!)

2. Tag eight other people

What is your current obsession?
I have two!! One I get to do and the other I don't!! The one I manage to satisfy my obsession with is Twitter. Somewhat addicted to it at the moment. Sometimes I tell myself 'The whole world is ear-wigging into my conversations' but it still doesn't stop me making an idiot out of myself by tweeting to my username by accident!! Again and again and again!!!
The other thing I love at the moment is the Wii game Endless Ocean. I love it, so relaxing. I think there are two reasons why I like it. The music by Hayley Westenra is beautiful, and in real life I would never have the nerve to dive in the ocean like that and it actually feels real at times (yes, I know I'm sat on the sofa) but it still freaks me out when I go down into deep valley and enter the abyss!!!

What is your greatest achievement?
Well, predictable I suppose but it has to be my two beautiful children. They are and always will be my greatest achievement. I often look at them and think 'I made them'.

Coffee or Tea?
Hmmm! Well, I do like coffee, although people that know it is more like milk with a hint of coffee! My favourite has to be tea though. I don't function without a cup of tea in the morning. Milk and two sugars (or 3 sweetners) please.

What’s for dinner?
The recipe calls it Chicken Broth but I always add more rice which makes it into more of a risotto. Chicken, Rice, Stock, Onions, Turnips, Celery and Carrots. Yummy.

What have you just made?
I am just making a healing necklace for my mum. It is to help with neck and shoulder pain. I am using Blue Lace agate, Hawks Eye, Prehnite, Aquamarine and Quartz. I am accenting it with peridot and aqaumarine swarovski crystals. I will add a picture when it is done. :-)

What are you listening to right now?
The new Nickleback album Dark Horse. Loving it too. Although since I found a great download site where I can download tracks for 9c I'm re-buying all of my old vinyl stuff. Its great, I hear a song I like, I pop on and download it. Love it!

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Am I allowed to say 'all of them'!! No, OK then. Thats tough. Could be Caramalised Pecan. I'm totally nuts anyway so whats a bit more!

What do you think of the person who tagged you?
What a lovely lady, and funny too. A good sense of humour is so important don't you think. Helps us all keep going. And that felt brooch, a lady after my own heart!

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Ok, having a small boy who doesn't sleep at all and is rarely out of our bed, I am tempted to say 'back to bed' although that may just be because I am incredibly tired and it is really early!!! I may add lovely husband to that scene as aforementioned small boy makes an effective bolster between us!!! lol. Do I need to add........without the small boy. Although they would both need to be somewhere safe, see there I go again, over protective to the hilt!

Which language do you want to learn?
I learnt french and german at school, can't remember that much but the odd bit comes back. I like Spanish. I did try to learn it once but I am really shy when it comes to languages. I don't have the confidence to use them.

What’s your favorite quote (for now)?
I think I have two at the moment:

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist" by Friedrich Nietzsche

“He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything.” Proverbs

What is your favorite colour?
Very dark red, just love it. I am currently very attracted to green though! Strange as I always hated it as a child. I used to leave all of the green sweets!

What is your dream job?
Definately the one have. I love making my jewellery and playing with all of the healing stones. I am totally addicted to them. I am determined to get my business off the ground so that I can continue to do it. :-)

Do you admire any one’s style?
Noone in particular all of the time. I often see someone on TV or in a picture and think they look really good and like the things that they are wearing but not consistantly. Annoyingly, I am not currently in 'my style'. I put on so much weight with the small boy that I can't fit into any of my normal clothes. That makes me very sad but hope to be able to get on the wii fit again soon to sort it out.

Describe your personal style?
Oops!! Should have seen that one coming! lol. Well, pre small boy, I could be found in Indian Skirts and embroidered tops. Stuff like that. Hopefully they may all come out again at some point!! I don't do groomed! I have long, mad, naturally curly hair that constantly makes me look like I've just got out of bed so groomed!!! no, never! lol

What are you going to do after this?
Did I mention my twitter obsession!! I will probably twitter about it! Also, watch the same episode of 'In the night garden' again and fend off flying toys. Usual stuff.

What is your favorite fruit?
I love grapes, especially black seedless ones, although a really crisp Empire apple at the beggining of their season is also heavenly. One of those I think. No, wait...... fresh pineapple. Ate two whole pots trying to bring on labour with the small boy. Got an incredibly sore mouth but it worked!! :-) Good tip if you need it.

What inspires you?
Hmm!! Music, colours, fresh air, nature and of course my family. They inspire me everyday and I am very thankful for them.

Your favorite book?
Oh no!!! I can't choose that! I love books, all books!!!! Always have.
I don't have a favourite book. I suppose one of my favourite authors is Katie Macallister. She is so funny. If you haven't read any you definately should. You'll laugh out loud and get all hot under the collar at the same time.

Your favourite film?
Definately 'Still Crazy'. I love the music and the actors and it has several of those lump in the throat moments. Well it did for me anyway!!

Do you collect something?
Like Kitty, I collect stones. As a small child this was something to be joked about but now I have a reason. It is my job!!! Of course, most of the stones I collect now are healing crystals but I still pocket the odd rock off the beach!! Sshhh!! Can't help it!

What is your favorite smell?

I want to say fresh bread, but that may be because I am hungry. Kitty does have a point though, a freshly showered lovely husband is hard to beat!! lol Also, the boys when they were babies, all powder and loveliness.

What are you most proud of?
My family, they are my life, all of them. Without them...... don't want to even think about it.

How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up?
If only!!!! I have a small boy who wakes me up at an unreasonable hour, have to force myself awake and get out of bed straight away. Years ago I used to sleep 13 hours a night, my memory was alot better then!!

Cats or dogs?
Hmm!! I've had both and they both have good and bad points. I think the cats were easier to manage though, the dogs were always a bit needy.

What’s your biggest fashion mistake?
Probably everything I wore in the 80's. Although I don't think I was alone in that. he he!

Complete the following:
Love is: the thing that makes everything worthwhile.

The heart that truly loves never forgets.

What would you like to make next?
Something fantastic that everyone wants.

What the best piece of advice you have been given?
There has been so much, hard to choose. A piece of advice from me is to always go with your gutt instinct. it is usually right.

Well, there you go, are any of you still awake???

I now have to choose eight people to tag! Hmmm, who shall I choose?
How about:

Charms of Light
Ruby Spirit Designs
Magic Making Hands
Funky Junk Jewellery
Soul Reader
Wisdom Path Art
Sharnemania Knits
Hennie

Good luck guys.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading these! Yours was fab! Things you would never normally find out on a first date on Twitter lol!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Loving your answers!

And I always like the way you tweet yourself! Heehe, I thought you had twitter split personality thing going on!

Heehe, biggest fashion mistake = the 80's! Yeah, the 80's has a lot to answer for!

Oooooooo, I love the smell of fresh bread too, Yummy!
Fresh bread and shower fresh man, now that would be a happy nose day! Off to bake bread now.....

stop stealing my stuff said...

This is really fun. Yes, I havent been able to do mine yet, it will have to wait till this coming week I had posts I had to make about my artist feature & such that I couldn't put off.
I hope the 8 ppl I choose dont become angry with me. I dont normally participate in such things. I wonder who came up with this? I enjoyed reading yours!
HA HA
thanks!
hugs & bright blessings!
Jenn

The Crystal Lady said...

Can't wait to read it Jenn. Don't worry about your chosen tags, they won't be angry, they may ignore it though! Let me know when you have posted it incase I miss it, I am sometimes a bit remiss at reading my blogs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...